Rosecrest Communities Master Homeowners Association

Latest Info & Announcements



The links below will take you to where you will be able to view and download the document from your web browser for free without having to create a Dropbox account. Additional community documents may be found in the homeowner portal and at


Online forms help us do our job more efficiently. To use one of our online forms, just click the link of the form you’d like to use, fill out the pertinent information, and click submit. 

Submit a Design Review Request

Submit a Maintenance Request

File a Formal Complaint

Submit a Home Business Use Application

Association Map


Here are some answers to some of our most frequently asked questions:


How Do I Contact the HOA?

The best way to contact the HOA is to use one or more of the following methods that works best for you:

Send an email to management:
Call the HOA’s main line and leave a voicemail: (801) 316-3215
Call or text management directly: (801) 923-2340
Review the community’s public website:
Review the owner portal:
Send the association a letter: PO Box 708367, Sandy, UT 84070-8367

When leaving a message with the HOA management team, please provide your name, property address, description of your question or concern, and the best way to get in touch with you.

What’s the best way to make a payment?

There are multiple ways to pay assessments. The quickest and most effective way to pay assessments is online through the owner portal. The owner portal is a secure website set up by management that gives each owner individual private access to view their account and make payments online.

To access the owner portal visit and follow the on screen instructions to register and sign in. Once registered and signed into the portal, owners can review and pay their account by navigating to the accounting page and clicking pay now.

Payments can be made either with an e-check using their bank account and routing number, or with a debit or credit card through the integrated payment processor. A processing fee applies to debit and credit card payments. More detailed instructions on registering for the owner portal and making payments on your HOA account can be found HERE

The other way to make a payment is by mailing a check to the association directly. Simply make a check out to Rosecrest Communities Master HOA for the amount you’d like to pay and mail it to the following: PO Box 708367, Sandy, UT 84070-8367. Be sure to address the envelope to Rosecrest Communities Master HOA. 

How do I get HOA documents if I’m selling or refinancing my home?

Association records and documents are kept by the association management team and are made available to owners in multiple ways. PDF copies of important association documents can be downloaded from the owner portal on the documents page or sent to the owner via email if requested. Physical copies of documents can be printed and mailed to owners for a small fee if requested. Owners can also request a statement of their account by email request to management. Real estate agents, title companies, lenders and other third parties looking to obtain a payoff statement, lender questionnaire, insurance certificates, or other association documents for a closing can order those documents for a small fee at

Can I set up automatic recurring payments?

Yes, you can set up automatic payments! It will save you time after an initial setup. We recommend setting up a “Variable” auto-pay which will adjust for future budget & common charge increases saving you from having to log in and change this or make a catch-up payment. To set this up, follow these steps:


1 – If you’re not already logged in to the owner portal, go to, log in, navigate to the accounting page, and click “Pay Now”

2 – Click on the “Recurring Payment” Tab and select “Create New Auto-Pay”.

3 – From the next screen, select whether you would like to set-up a Variable or Fixed Auto-Pay. (we recommend “Variable”)

4 – Fill out the following information as you like:

-Payment Start Date: Date you wish for the auto-pay to begin. (reminder: annual assessments are due on January 1st and has a ten day grace period, but be sure there are at least 3 days prior to the end of any grace period so there is no delay or late fee caused by a weekend or holiday).

-Payment Frequency: How often the auto-pay runs, usually the same as when payments are due. (Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annual, Annual).

-Final Payment Month/ Year: Date you wish for the auto-pay to stop. Can select “Indefinite” if you would like it to keep going. If you choose this, you will have to manually cancel the auto-pay through your account if you wish to stop the auto-pay.

-Maximum Limit: The limit set for an auto-pay. If your balance is greater than the limit you set, the auto-pay will not run. For example, if your limit is set at $1,000 but the payment balance is $1,500, the auto-pay will not run. You can leave the box unchecked if they do not wish to set a limit and the auto-pay will run for whatever the balance is.

In the event that the balance is greater than the Max Limit you set, you will receive an email notifying you of the issue. At that point, you will have until 4 pm that same day to log in to your account and approve the payment. If you fail to do so, the payment will void and the auto-pay will not run. You will need to submit a one-time payment through their account to cover that payment.

5 – Set up your payment information. Please note, you will have a Credit Card option if they wish to use a Credit Card. You will need to select that option and fill out the information.

6 – The last step will require you to review the information and confirm that all is set up accordingly. Once confirmed, you can select “Create Auto-Pay” and the auto-pay will run on the date set to start.

Can I link another property I own in the community to my existing owner portal?

Yes, if you own multiple properties within the community, you can link them together under a single login. To link another property to your account follow these steps: 

1 – Have the account number and property address of the other unit handy

2 – While logged into the owner portal, navigate to the “Link Additional Units” page

3 – If the other property does not appear, follow the on-screen instructions to find and link the additional unit. Start by typing the name of the master association, Rosecrest Communities Master HOA, in the search bar, then the street address of the unit, then the account number, then click “Link this unit”

4 – Once the unit is linked, navigate to the “Change Unit” page to toggle between linked accounts.

What does the HOA do and why do I have one?

The homeowners association (“HOA” or “association” for short), is the designated organization authorized to govern the affairs of the community as outlined in the community’s governing documents. The primary responsibilities of the association are to collect assessments, maintain common areas, keep records, and uphold the community standards and rules. The purpose of the association and the community standards is to maintain the desirability, attractiveness, and value of the community over time. 

What are the governing documents and where can I find them?

The governing documents are the founding documents of a residential community that provide the rules and standards for the community. The governing documents consist of the declaration of CC&Rs, the bylaws, the articles of incorporation, the design guidelines, and the rules and regulations adopted by the community. Applicable federal, state, and local laws also play a critical role in governing the association. The primary document that sets the association into motion is the declaration of covenants, conditions, and restrictions (CC&Rs) which is recorded on the property and is binding on the owners when they buy property in the community. The declaration of CC&Rs serves as the primary governing document for the community that establishes the powers and responsibilities of the association and the owners. To download a PDF copy of the governing documents, navigate to the documents page in the owner portal and click on the document you’d like to download. Some documents are also made available through a link in the Documents section of this website. If you’re having trouble finding the document you need, send an email to the HOA management team to get help. Real estate agents, title companies, lenders, and other third parties can request documents through

What is the difference between the Master HOA and a Neighborhood HOA?

Larger residential developments such as Rosecrest Communities often have multiple neighborhoods all connected under a single master association. The master associations is the first and primary association for the community which grants individual neighborhoods the ability to create their own associations in addition to the master association. Neighborhood associations are subject to the master association’s rules and regulations, but are operationally and financially independent from the master association.

What do the HOA fees pay for, how are they determined, and when are they due?

The HOA dues or payments that are owed periodically by the owners to the association are called assessments. Article 11 of the CC&Rs outlines specific types of assessments that owners should be aware of. The primary assessment is called the common assessment or annual assessment. The annual assessment for each unit is a function of the association’s total annual budget divided by the total number of units in the community. The annual budget is an estimate of all the association’s income and expenses for the year and is put together and approved by the association board and management team. Annual assessments are due each year on January 1st with a ten day grace period. Owners who choose not to pay assessments on time subject themselves to the association’s collection policy.

What is a reinvestment fee?

A reinvestment fee is a type of assessment that is charged to new owners through their closing when they purchase a property in the community. Reinvestment fees do not apply to refinances. The reinvestment fee is typically paid by the buyer at settlement unless otherwise negotiated with the seller. If the reinvestment fee is not paid through settlement, the reinvestment fee will be charged to the incoming owner’s account. If the property being purchased is in a neighborhood association, there will be an additional reinvestment fee due to the neighborhood association. Reinvestment fee amounts are determined by the board and subject to change from time to time, but may not exceed half a percent of the sale price. Current Reinvestment Fee Policy.

What do I do if I get a violation notice from the HOA?

If you get a violation notice from the association this might mean that the association has become aware of an issue with the property that does not comply with the governing documents. The best thing to do is read the notice, follow the HOA’s request as outlined in the notice, and contact the association if you have any questions or concerns. The vast majority of notices do not escalate to a fine. Fines are only given when an issue remains unresolved and the owner is unwilling to cooperate with the association. Being aware of the issue, following the HOA’s requests, and opening the lines of communication with the association management team are the best ways to resolve an issue quickly. 

What if I have a complaint about one of my neighbors in the community?

While the association does not generally condone complaint based violations in the community, there may be a time when it is necessary to let the HOA know of an issue that is impacting the community. In this case, you will need to submit a formal complaint form which can be found HERE. The form must be filled out in its entirety to be accepted. Once received, the management team will make every effort to review and verify the complaint. Complaints that cannot be independently verified by management will be dismissed. 

When do I need to get HOA approval for changes to my landscaping/exterior and how do I go about getting something approved?

In accordance with governing documents, all exterior changes must be reviewed and approved by the association prior to installation unless you are repainting with the same color, replacing an existing feature with the same or similar feature, or installing minor changes such as planting seasonal flowers. All significant changes to or installations of structures, exterior finishes, landscapes, hardscapes, solar panels, exterior lighting, flags and other displays, signs, recreation fixtures, or other similar features should be reviewed and approved by the association prior to installation. To have your designs reviewed by the association you will need to submit a design review request form online which can be found HERE. Once your plans are received they are usually reviewed and finalized within one to two weeks, although the process make take up to 30 days in some cases. 

Can I replace the grass in my park strip with xeriscaping?

The association now allows owners to install up to 70% of their front yards including park strips with xeriscaping according to new xeriscaping guidelines adopted by the board. Xeriscaping plans must follow specific design criteria such as having 50% plant coverage watered by drip irrigation and maintaining 35% grass in the front yard. The full set of xeriscaping guidelines can be found HERE. All xeriscaping plans must be reviewed and approved by the association prior to installation. To have your designs reviewed by the association you will need to submit a design review request form online which can be found HERE. Once your plans are received they are usually reviewed and finalized within one to two weeks, although the process may take up to 30 days in some cases.

Am I allowed to run a business such as a day care or hair salon out of my home?

The community’s governing documents restrict owners from using their residences for business purposes except for certain business uses that are approved by the association. Typically small home businesses such as a day care, hair or nail salon, or preschool are approved by the association as long as they aren’t negatively impacting the community and are approved by the association. To get a home business use approved by the association, owners must fill out a home business use application form and have it reviewed and approved by the association prior to operation. A link to the business use application form can be found HERE.

Can I rent out my basement or rent out my house as a short term rental?

The short answer on these important rental questions is (1) short term rentals are not permitted, (2) you can rent out interior dwelling units so long as the primary owner resides in the home as the primary resident, otherwise, only the unit in its entirety can be rented/leased. For more information on rental restrictions please review the rental restrictions found in the CCRs document and any applicable rental restriction resolutions passed by the board.